K-Taping Pro | Montreal (QC)
Time & Location
About The Event
The K-Taping Pro course covers the basic functions and effects of K-taping. Applications learned in the two-day course are for muscle, ligament, functional corrections, and fascia corrections. Lymphatic correction techniques are also introduced. Participants will receive instruction on the application of combination techniques for multiple conditions including: impingement syndrome, whiplash, low back pain, finger contusion, wrist stabilization, Iliotibial Band Syndrome, Patello-Femoral Syndrome, knee arthritis, Achilles tendonitis, ankle weakness, plantar fasciitis, scar tape application, lymphatic dysfunction, as well as the indications and usage of Cross Taping.
Who should attend?
Physicians, physiotherapists, physiotherapy assistants, chiropractors, athletic therapists, kinesiologists, exercise physiologists, strength and conditioning specialists, massage therapists, and rehabilitation nurses.
In the K-taping Pro course students are taught four application techniques:
- Muscle Techniques: Functional disorders in the muscles often cause an imbalance between agonists and antagonists. Muscle taping techniques are used to correct these imbalances. They allow the muscle to return to its normal function and adaptations can be made to the loading capacity and the movement patterns again.
- Ligament Techniques: The ligament technique is used for injury and overuse of tendons and ligaments. It relieves pressure and pain, and improves loading capacity, resulting in quicker healing.
- Corrective Techniques: Are divided into functional correction and fascia correction. The functional corrective technique is used for the correction of abnormal bony positions, such as the correction of an abnormal patella position. Functional correction requires maximal stretching of the tape before application. Fascia correction is used for adhesions within muscle fascia, resulting in a loosening of fascia and pain reduction.
- Lymphatic Techniques: The Lymphatic Correction techniques are used when lymphflow is disrupted. These techniques lift the skin. This increases the space between skin and subcutaneous tissue and lymph fluid is able to flow easier out of the interstitial space into the lymphatic circulation.
Includes the official workbook by the International K-Taping Academy, practice tape supplies for the course, a certificate, and a membership to the International K-Taping Forum.
Attire: Bring your own scissors and wear proper attire for taping of your body (i.e. shorts, t-shirt).
Schedule and Location: Sent via e-mail approximately 3 weeks in advance of the course date.
Duration: 2 days, Sat-Sun 0830-1730. Two 15 minute breaks and a one hour lunch. Lunch not provided. Some course venues have restrictions about our capacity to offer coffee and snacks during breaks in the classrooms (we recommend that you bring some or your favourite snacks with you).
Cancellation policy: registration fee less $50 will be refunded for written cancellations received 21 days prior to the event. No refund will be given after this date. K-Taping Academy Canada reserves the right to cancel at any time with full refund.
The K-Taping Academy offers internationally standardised training, certification upon completion of courses and is a professional partner on completion of training through its specialist forum, list of therapists, mentoring and much more.
- SPC Diploma$445$4450$0
- Orthopedic Division$475$4750$0