K-Taping® for Massage Therapists is a two-day, practical application course in K-Taping techniques that can be used post treatment by the professional Massage Therapist. The course begins with an overview of the theory and purpose of the K-Taping practical applications and the history of the K-Taping Academy.
Who should attend?
Licensed Massage Therapists and Massage Therapy students with an interest in the use of K-Taping as part of client treatment.
Practical taping includes a demonstration and practice of each of the techniques used in the K-Taping method. Muscle techniques include ways to relax or increase stimulation of muscles. Ligament stability applications are used for joint and tendon support as well as the relief of trigger point pain. Fascial correction techniques can be used post treatment for improving posture and pain relief. Lymphatic drainage taping has been shown to help provide continued relief of swelling following massage therapy treatments.
Specific Taping Techniques included in this course are:
◦ Muscle relaxation/stimulation techniques for the body.
◦ Carpal Tunnel Syndrome relief and Wrist Stabilization techniques.
◦ Trigger point pain relief in the back and thoracic areas.
◦ Support taping for Pes Planus/Plantar Fasciitis.
◦ Scar taping techniques for adhesions.
◦ Fascial techniques to relieve Iliotibial Band Syndrome and more.
◦ Postural correction application.
◦ Colon K-Taping to help ease constipation post surgically.
◦ Treatment of edema post surgical and in lymphedema cases.
◦ Introduction and uses of Cross Tape.
◦ Taping techniques used in the treatment of whiplash.
◦ Techniques to reduce pain and swelling in hematomas and bursitis.
Includes the official workbook by the International K-Taping Academy, practice tape supplies for the course, a certificate, and a membership to the International K-Taping Forum.
Attire: Bring your own scissors and wear proper attire for taping of your body (i.e. shorts, t-shirt).
Schedule and Location: Sent via e-mail approximately 3 weeks in advance of the course date.
Duration: 2 days, Sat-Sun 0830-1730. Two 15 minute breaks and a one hour lunch. Lunch not provided. Some course venues have restrictions about our capacity to offer coffee and snacks during breaks in the classrooms (we recommend that you bring some or your favourite snacks with you).
Cancellation policy: registration fee less $50 will be refunded for written cancellations received 21 days prior to the event. No refund will be given after this date. K-Taping Academy Canada reserves the right to cancel at any time with full refund.
The K-Taping Academy offers internationally standardised training, certification upon completion of courses and is a professional partner on completion of training through its specialist forum, list of therapists, mentoring and much more.